Thursday 8 March 2018

Wednesday 28th February - Portsmouth to Cheltenham

Wednesday 28th February - Portsmouth to Cheltenham

I wake up early and go and get some breakfast , looking out of the window I see a very cloudy sky and the temperature is minus 2 , I hope the snow keeps off and there is not too much over the Cotswold hills. I message one of my friends who works up on the hills , he said no snow as yet but it does keep trying.


Cloudy but it does look brighter over there.
We are not allowed outside as the desk are covered in ice.


 My room , and after my show the whole floor is swimming. Good job I had my towel on when I took that photo .


When we actually dock at Portsmouth there is blue sky no clouds huraaa


Car survived the journey, so chocks away, I hope it starts OK! 


Yes it is minus -2 but it is sunny so the top is off the car.



The hill out of Portsmouth.




Looking back down to Portsmouth. I stop for a cup of coffee in a layby at the top.


As I drive back I see what looks like loads of very shallow swimming pools so I pull over nea  pub to ask what they are. .... honest.
The George and Falcon in Warnford


My goodness they are open, and I get my very first pint of English real ale for 3 months.
Very nice it is too.


Mmm sipping a warm beer in front of and open real fire. England I am in England



Oh dear that is snow on the side of the roads 



I decide to have some lunch before I drop down into Cheltenham.


I stop off at the Green Dragon in Cockleford just off the Cirencester road.


Another warm beer in front of a real fire, with some Gloucester Old Spot Sausages n mash.


After lunch I drive up to Ian Coleys Shooting ground to see my friend Simon Darch, and to buy a new winter shooting coat to replace the Browning one, some nice Spanish person is wearing.



While I was in the shop it had started snowing, I had better get off this hill.



The driveway from Ian Coleys shooting ground.


This is a photo of the same drive, the next morning.. Apparently Simon could not work that weekend!



I drive from the shooting ground straight to Prestbury to see Giles the owners of 4Smart one of the best Smart car garages in England.


Giles puts his computer onto my Smart and says its the dump value actuator that has failed and he turns it off so my car works fine so long as I do not race it, so I can drive back home unload it and bring it back tomorrow for a full service and the valve replaced. 


My final mileage reading .  146002 miles 


My start mileage way back at the end of November was 140848 miles , so my total trip journey was 5,154 miles 


I emptied my car onto my dads lounge floor to take an after picture. 




And my bike was still on the back of the car .


No comments:

Post a Comment