Wednesday 31 January 2018

Tuesday 30th January - Seville by bus and walking with Maria!

Tuesday 30th January - Seville by bus and walking with Maria!

Well again not an early start but I intended to got out and stay out all day. Got a bus to the centre of Seville a no 27 from just round the corner from me 1.40 euros. The bus stop was next to a huge building which was never completed. 



The buses final stop was in Plasa del Duque de la Victoria




I  might go and see this if I can get tickets.





Tapas of the dia was Tuna Tartar, very nice 


Steak and potatoes apparently a local speciality


Walked up to La Macarena but the church with a famous statue of the virgin Mary was shut so walked around  bit of the old walled city walls.





I met Maria , a lady I had been chatting to the previous night and she agreed to meet me.



She was very pretty, and was just a bit smaller than me. I could only speak a little Spanish and Maria no English at all.


Maria was my guide for the day at least! she kept wanting to take photos of me and with google translate we managed to converse together. me outside the old bullring.



Me pretending to be a bull fighter.




See I did tip that pillar a bit.





That is in fact the real wind vane that was replaced by a new one when the top of the tower was renovated.


This is the place I wanted to get to yesterday but it was closed.



The whole of the fence was ceramic tiles.



 Maria and I with the fountain behind us. It changed colour.


The coloured pattern of the courtyard were all individual stones set on concrete




All round the curve of the building were scenes from areas of Spain. behind the small grilled areas  were coffins.









We had some tapas and Maria was concentrating hard on google translate.


We did see some flamenco in a little bar in the back streets La Carbonara.
Then we got a bus back near to Maria,s home and She put me on the Bus no 14 which stopped at the dukes Square where I could get a no 27 back to my apartment.
A fantastic day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment